I’m writing you because I consider you an ally of charity: water and a key influencer. Today’s a huge day for us, and I’d really love your help.
Five years ago, we started charity: water with a dream to bring clean water to everyone on the planet. Since then and thanks to many of you, we’ve funded over 4,000 projects in 19 countries that will serve more than TWO MILLION people with clean water. It’s been a fantastic ride so far, and I’m overwhelmed with gratefulness at the support you’ve given us over the years. And while two million people is a lot, now is the time for us to go faster.
In a few minutes, we’ll launch the 2011 September campaign and try something we’ve never done before. Our focus for the last five years has been on funding water projects. Because of your generosity, we’ve actually maxed out some of our best drilling partners. In other words, they’re operating at 100% capacity. So to go faster and help more people get clean water, they’ve asked us for more drilling equipment to scale their operations. Of course, we said yes. But rather than asking large corporations or foundations to help us out with drilling rigs, we believed our supporters would be inspired by this vision and want to contribute.
Honestly, I’ve never been more excited about launching a new campaign. I’m excited because we’re actually SEEING the problem being solved. We just need to continue to think big, and execute. And I hope once you see our new video, you’ll share our enthusiasm as well!
There are 4 simple ways you could help us out today:
1. Watch our 5-year anniversary video, and share it with others. Here’s the link: http://www.charitywater.org/september
2. Give up your September birthday, or just start a fundraising campaign on mycharitywater.org. You’ll be able to see where 100% of the money you raise goes, and track the drilling rig through GPS for years to come.
3. Help us spread the word on Facebook or Twitter. Here are a few sample tweets / status updates you could help us share.
– Today, @charitywater launched their 5-year-anniversary campaign. Watch their new video: http://charitywater.org/september
– Watch the new video @charitywater put out today for their 5-year-anniversary – http://charitywater.org/september
– Five years of progress, 2 million people will get clean water. Watch @charitywater’s new video to see what’s next: http://charitywater.org/september
4. Donate $36 or more for my 36th birthday. You can track your donation and the rig for years to come! http://mycharitywater.org/scottturns36
As always, thanks for all your support of charity: water. I’m absolutely humbled by your generosity and encouragement over the years!
Scott Harrison, Founder/CEO of charity: water/charitywater.org
Disclosure of Material Connection: The Winn Group has not received any compensation for writing this post. We have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that we have mentioned. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”